Thursday, July 16, 2009

Brandon Inge's All Star Appearance.


Watching the All-Star Game and Home Run Derby over the past two nights, I couldn't help but think back to when I had the chance to meet Brandon Inge this past February at Spring Training. He was sitting next to Matt Treanor getting dressed for a day at the park, when Matt introduced us and showed him my hitting aid. Jim Leyland, (the skipper), then came over to me and said, "Hey, did you invent this thing?" And after gulping, I said, "Yes sir." He then looked at me and said something I'll never forget. He looked over the lockerroom and said, "Hey guys, this thing is awesome! One of the best things I've seen in years. You all need to hit with it." And then he turned to Brandon and said, "Hey Brandon, you need to hit with this thing. It will help you." And Brandon looked up and replied, "Sure, skip." and the rest is history.


The Detroit Tigers later ordered seven Pitcher's Nightmare Swing Trainers from me and instantly became my favorite American League team (sorry guys, the Braves will always be my favorite team overall, but you guys definitely rule in the A.L.) and Brandon became one of my favorite players. Check out this great story on him from his Home Town newspaper, the News and Advance, http://www.newsadvance.com/lna/news/local/article/lynchburg_buzzes_over_brookvilles_all-star_inge/17660/.


And here's hoping he keeps tearing 'em up in the Second Half!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment